The Senior Recruiter is responsible for the development of partnership with hiring leaders, candidate pools, peer partners, and third-party vendors to deliver top talent for our internal customers. Develops and recommends staffing strategies to proactively identify candidates and assemble a diverse pipeline of talent for open positions. Responds to inquiries pertaining to Staffing or business-related policy and process application. The Senior Recruiter will work closely with managers and HR Business Partners to understand the recruiting needs of the business, anticipate hiring needs and proactively identify and execute sourcing and recruiting strategies to meet those needs in a cost effective, timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop strong partnerships with hiring managers and HR to ensure the right talent is being identified and hired
- Conduct in-depth intake meetings with leaders to ensure alignment on position, impact, and expectations while providing market insights and education.
- Identify the best online sourcing channels for different candidate segments
- Identify the top-performing employees at talent competitors and use the right messages to reach high-quality candidates
- Proactively cold call passive candidates and create a compelling story
- Ensure a positive experience for all candidates under active consideration for assigned requisitions by providing timely, accurate, relevant feedback to internal & external candidates
- Screen and disposition all candidates by reviewing resumes and conducting phone interviews, in-person interviews.
- Assist with the offer and onboarding process within the Applicant Tracking System
- Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process
- Communicates progress to goals to the Talent Acquisition department leader, HRBP, and internal customer groups. Completes all reports associated with status updates and compliance.
- Function as a team leader with new Recruiters. Orient Recruiters on Avanir's hiring process and recruitment tools
- Attend networking events
- Partner with TA department lead to develop, review and execute search firm contracts and work orders as appropriate
- Mentor and share best practices with team members
- Support leadership initiatives and contribute to projects on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare and maintain all files relative to the employment process state, federal and OFCCP Compliance
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of full life cycle recruitment experience is required in a biotech/pharma/corporate environment preferred
- Experience headhunting for talent in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable
- Ability to identify and resolve problems through recommending and implementing creative solutions
- Experience sourcing candidates from all levels
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills
- Results-oriented mindset (high sense of urgency, determination, tenacity, etc.).
- Attention to detail is mandatory and must demonstrate meticulous organization skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent negotiating skills coupled with strong ability to handle objections effectively
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.